In just eight days it will be Mother's Day. It will be my oldest daughter, Cynthia, third Mother's Day !!! She is so awesome !!! She not only is a mommy (to my only grandson) and a wife, but she is about to start her last year as a Resident of Pediatrics. She drives everyday an hour and a half each way to the hospital. She has to stay every four days overnight in the hospital to work. She has passed all her USMLE tests and is thinking on specializing even more, once she finishes General Pediatrics.
My project today is the Mother's Day card I made for my daughter Cindy.
- Nursery Tails: card background
- A Child's Year: silhouette of mother and child
- Spellbinders Embossing Dies Ribbon Tag
- Prima Flowers
- Stamp Set: Mom You Rock (by My Creative Time) for sentiment
- Martha Stewart border punch: for the fence
- Doodlebug Design Crushed Velvet flock: for flower center
- Print and cut the background image 2 or 3 times, to allow for enough pieces for layering.
- Cut the mother and child silhouette.
- Make the fence with the border punch
- Put the "mat"together.
- Layer the background and add stickles
- Put the silhouette on the card. Affix with glue dots
- Ink fence and affix to card with glue dots
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock and run through Big Shot with die. Loop a ribbon through openings.
- Add card front to "mat". Affix card front/mat to a white card base.
- Flower has 2 layers of petals. The blue flower center was made with crushed velvet flock.
- Sentiment on ribbon tag
Hope you liked the card !!! And I really, really hope my daughter loves it !!!
THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY. Check some more pojects on my blog: http://dreamofcrafting.blogspot.com/